Kamchatka outfitters invites you for a week fishing tour to Zhupanova river. Zhupanova river flowing to the Pacific ocean has over 100 miles length and mostly used for sport fishing.
As most of Kamchatka rivers it is a spawning one and is rich with side creeks. You can fish mykiss (rainbow trout) all year round there. Zhupanova river mykiss (rainbow) population is considered to be a unique one. Mykiss there can be up to 17 lb. (7.7 kg.) and 40 inches (101 sm.) long.
Zhupanova river is rich with: mykiss, pink salmon, coho, dog salmon, red salmon. You can also fish numerous arctic char and kundzha (white spotted char) there.
Our main goal is - mykiss (rainbow trout) . Fishing camps we use are comfortable, hot shower is available every night. There are a separate kitchen, a dinning room. The food served is healthy, delicious and plentiful.
Arrival to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy. Meeting at the airport by representative of Kamchatka outfitters. Drive to helicopter airport. Helicopter flight to Zhupanova river (about 50 minutes one way). Beginning of the fishing tour. Overnight.
Day 2-7. Fishing program.
Day 8. Fishing. Preparing for the departure. Flight to Petropavlovsk. Overnight (hotel, dbl).
Day 9. Breakfast. Departure.
The price includes:
All transportation, all necessary permits and paper work, insurance, satellite phone access, one night in local hotels in Kamchatka. On the route: hot meal, dry ration, all necessary equipment, service of the cook, guide, interpreter, double accommodations (fishing cabins), over night in sleeping-bags.
The price does not include:
Any airfare to and from Kamchatka, visa fees (150$), optional trip cancellation insurance (airline cancellations, medical/personal emergencies that preclude your participation, etc.), satellite phone use (except urgent emergency calls),
alcoholic beverages, and gratuities.
683024 Russia, Kamchatka Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Avtomobilistov str. 20-32
This route does not require special skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
1. Fishing on Kamchatka rivers without the fishing permit is prohibited.
2. The number of fish to be caught under the rule "Caught and release" is not limited.
All the fish must be released.
One fish is allowed to be kept as a trophy.
3. We hold the idea of high quality fly fishing build on ecological valuation and careful attitude to the wild nature, and appeal to our customers to use on their tackle not more then one hook.
4. Anglers must be in good physical shape.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes.
It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots.
High hip-boots are good too. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a
thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding.
It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable/can be provided by the company)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork) will be provided
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
19. Sunscreen lotion (SPF 50)
21. Personal first-aid set
22. Fishing gear
1. Porter service is not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.