Tour dates: July 8 - 14
Duration: 7 days / 6 nights
Tour cost: $ 0000 - per person
Kamchatka Outfitters invites you to Kamchatka's' wonderful Kutina river for a week angling. Kutina river flows in the western part of Kamchatka to Okhotskoye sea. The main kind of fish which attracts our attention to this river is Rainbow trout.
Kutina river is clear and cold just like a great rainbow trout river. Most rainbows of the Kutina are in size from 19" (48 sm.) to 25" (63 sm.). Besides Rainbow this river is rich with Dolly Varden, Dog salmon, Siberian Kundja char and Coho salmon.
On the river our company operates three permanent fishing camps which we put in the upper, middle and low stream of Kutina river. Each camp is limited to 6 - 7 anglers per week. Our accommodations are comfortable. We use weatherproof tents with wood-planked floors; hot showers are available every night. The food served is healthy, delicious and plentiful. Since the camps are stationary each day you will return to dry and
During the whole trip we use jet boats, having one-two days stops at every camp with the help of our guides you'll be able to explore river up and down. You will have as much water to explore each day, as you desire. Besides camp fishing, floating down is also a good opportunity to get a magic snap of the Rainbow. While being in the third (low) part, our guides will take you to various streams and channels where you will be definitely successful.
Arrival to Petropavlovsk. Meeting at the airport. Customs formalities. Driving to Esso village (approx. 7 hours). Arrival to Milkovo village (short stop for snack). Arrival to Esso village. Accommodation at the hotel (Dbl) or if the weather is fine flight to the fishing camp.
Day 2. Helicopter flight to Kutina river (first upper permanent camp). viewing Beginning of
the fishing program. Overnight (tents, Dbl).
Day 3. Fishing. Checking various fishing spots (using jet boats). Overnight (tents, Dbl).
Day 4. Floating down to the middle temporary camp. Fishing Checking various fishing spots (using jet boats). Overnight (tents, Dbl).
Day 5. Floating down to the second low permanent camp. Fishing. Checking various fishing spots (using jet boats). Overnight (tents, Dbl).
Day 6. Fishing. Preparing for the departure. Flight to Esso village. Drive to Petropavlovsk. Overnight (hotel, Dbl).
Day 7. Breakfast. Departure.
The price includes:
All transportation, all necessary permits and paper work, insurance, satellite phone access, one night in local hotels in Kamchatka. On the route: hot meal, dry ration, all necessary equipment, service of the cook, guide, interpreter, double accommodations in tents, over night in sleeping-bags.
The price does not include:
Any airfare to and from Kamchatka, visa fees (150$), optional trip cancellation insurance (airline cancellations, medical/personal emergencies that preclude your participation, etc.), satellite phone use (except urgent emergency calls),
alcoholic beverages, and gratuities.
683024 Russia, Kamchatka Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Avtomobilistov str. 20-32
This route does not require special skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
1. Fishing on Kamchatka rivers without the fishing permit is prohibited.
2. The number of fish to be caught under the rule "Caught and release" is not limited.
All the fish must be released.
One fish is allowed to be kept as a trophy.
3. We hold the idea of high quality fly fishing build on ecological valuation and careful attitude to the wild nature, and appeal to our customers to use on their tackle not more then one hook.
4. Anglers must be in good physical shape.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes.
It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots.
High hip-boots are good too. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a
thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding.
It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable/can be provided by the company)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork) will be provided
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
19. Sunscreen lotion (SPF 50)
21. Personal first-aid set
22. Fishing gear
1. Porter service is not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.