"Kamchatka Outfitters" invites your to join one week king salmon fishing tour on Kolpakova river. River flows through the middle west part of Kamchatka peninsula to the Ohotskoye sea.
The approximate length of the river is 62 miles (100 km.).
The upper part of Kolpakova river has fast currant and rapids, the lower part of the river is more calm and full-flowing. The middle and lower part of Kolpakova river have lots arms and former river beds comfortable for fishing. Our main interest there is King salmon. Most King salmon ever caught there were good trophy size fish.
Our fishing camps are comfortable. We use XXL size weatherproof tents with heaters; hot shower is available every night. There are separate kitchen, dinning room also in the camp. The food served is healthy, delicious and plentiful.
Day 1. Arrival to Petropavlovsk. Meeting at the airport. Customs formalities. Driving to helicopter. Flight to Kolpakova river(1 hour 30 minutes). Overnight (tents).
Day 2 - 5. Fishing. Overnight (tents).
Day 6. End of the fishing tour. Flight back to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy. Overnight (hotel, Dbl).
Day 7. Departure.
All transportation, all necessary permits and paper work, insurance, satellite phone access, one night in local hotel in Kamchatka. On the route: hot meal, dry ration, all necessary equipment, service of the cook, guide, interpreter, double accommodation (tents), over night in sleeping bags.
The price does not include:
Any airfare to and from Kamchatka, visa fees (150$), optional trip cancellation insurance (airline cancellations, medical/personal emergencies that preclude your participation, etc.), satellite phone use (except urgent emergency calls),
alcoholic beverages, and gratuities.
683024 Russia, Kamchatka Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Avtomobilistov str. 20-32
This route does not require special skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
1. Fishing on Kamchatka rivers without the fishing permit is prohibited.
2. The number of fish to be caught under the rule "Caught and release" is not limited.
All the fish must be released.
One fish is allowed to be kept as a trophy.
3. We hold the idea of high quality fly fishing build on ecological valuation and careful attitude to the wild nature, and appeal to our customers to use on their tackle not more then one hook.
4. Anglers must be in good physical shape.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes.
It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots.
High hip-boots are good too. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a
thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding.
It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable/can be provided by the company)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork) will be provided
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
19. Sunscreen lotion (SPF 50)
21. Personal first-aid set
22. Fishing gear
1. Porter service is not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.