Kamchatka Outfitters invites you to Kikhchik river for a week angling. The Kikhchik River flows 64 ml. (103 km.) before dumping into the Okhotskoye sea. It has many tributaries and inlets as it drains an expansive area. Many of the tributaries are spring-fed, making the waters of the Kikhchik River system very clear. The Kikhchik River is one of several Kamchatka rivers, which has been formed by two totally independent rivers. These rivers are the Left Kikhchik and the Right Kikhchik, which enters the left Kikhchik at a distance of 24 km from its mouth. As with other rivers of Western Kamchatka, there is a lengthy brackish lagoon toward the mouth of the river. The river skirts the coastline for a while, fenced off from the sea by a sandy-pebble spit.
The Kikhchik River, like many Western Kamchatka spawning rivers, is relatively shallow. The depths in the lower and lower-middle reaches, are generally no deeper than 5 - 6.5 ft. (1,5 - 2m.)
This is a very important spawning river
in Western Kamchatka. About 10 million salmon enter the Kikhchik River to spawn. The present population of King Salmon now is about 1-2 thousand, sockeye - 1-2 thousand, pink - 7-10 thousand, chum - 5-10 thousand, silver - 4-6 thousand. There are also a large number of trout and char. The quantities of char are in fact on the rise. The run of steelhead in this river is also strong.
The main kind of fish which attracts our attention to this river is King Salmon. In the Kikhchik River King Salmon spawn, mainly, in the middle and upper reaches of the principal river and in some of its tributaries.
Our fishing camps are comfortable. We use weatherproof tents with wood-planked floors; hot showers are available every night. There are a separate kitchen, a dinning room. The food served is healthy, delicious and plentiful.
During the whole trip we are floating down on rafts, this is a good opportunity to get a magic snap of the King Salmon too.
Arrival to Petropavlovsk. Meeting at the airport. Customs formalities. Driving to helicopter. Flight to Kihchik river (aprox. 50 minutes).
Viewing. Beginning of the fishing program. Overnight (tents, Dbl).
Day 2 - 5. Floating and fishing. Overnight (tents, Dbl).
Day 6. Fishing. Preparing for the departure. Flight to Petropavlovsk. Overnight (hotel, Dbl).
Day 7. Breakfast. Departure.
The price includes:
All transportation, all necessary permits and paper work, insurance, satellite phone access, one night in local hotels in Kamchatka. On the route: hot meal, dry ration, all necessary equipment, service of the cook, guide, interpreter, double accommodation (tent), over night in sleeping-bags.
The price does not include:
Any airfare to and from Kamchatka, visa fees (150$), optional trip cancellation insurance (airline cancellations, medical/personal emergencies that preclude your participation, etc.), satellite phone use (except urgent emergency calls),
alcoholic beverages, and gratuities.
683024 Russia, Kamchatka Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Avtomobilistov str. 20-32
This route does not require special skills, but it contains many natural obstacles. It is not recommended for the persons being in need of medical treatment and constant medical observation.
1. Fishing on Kamchatka rivers without the fishing permit is prohibited.
2. The number of fish to be caught under the rule "Caught and release" is not limited.
All the fish must be released.
One fish is allowed to be kept as a trophy.
3. We hold the idea of high quality fly fishing build on ecological valuation and careful attitude to the wild nature, and appeal to our customers to use on their tackle not more then one hook.
4. Anglers must be in good physical shape.
List of the recommended equipment:
1. Footwear: light trekking boots and gaiters are good for these routes.
It is desirable to have Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots.
High hip-boots are good too. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a
thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding.
It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable/can be provided by the company)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork) will be provided
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Mosquito net + insect repellent
16. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
17. It's good to have warm waistcoat
18. Sun glasses
19. Sunscreen lotion (SPF 50)
21. Personal first-aid set
22. Fishing gear
1. Porter service is not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.